- Open the ESET software by clicking Start » All Programs » ESET Folder » ESET NOD32 Antivirus folder » ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Press the F5 key to open the Advanced options
- Click + for Antivirus and antispyware, click on
- Click on the check box for "Integrate into system and Enable document protection."
- Click OK and close the ESET window.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Monday, October 31, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
- First you must click on the Home tab as circled below.
- Next you must find a very small arrow (circled below), located at the far right of the styles box and click on it.
- This will bring up the Styles pane. At the bottom of this pane are three buttons. The third one over is the
Manage Styles button. Click on it.
- This will bring up the Manage Styles window. Scroll through the list and look for the
Balloon Text style. Highlight it. Then click the
Modify button below.
- In many cases when this happens, the font size is only 1pt. Click on the drop down list for font size and change it to something more readable between 8pt and 12pt. (8pt is the default.) Then click the OK button.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the Manage Styles box. Then click the little X in the upper right hand corner of the Styles pane
- You should now be able to read what´s in the balloons!
Windows includes a basic tool for making videos and slides from photos. This will introduce this tool and the initial steps in using it.
- Open the Start button, then select all programs, then
Windows Live Movie Maker
- When you first open this you will be asked to accept the user agreement
- After accepting this, you will see the opening page. We will create a simple slide movie by adding some photos together.
- Click on the button "Add Videos and Photos". We will add several photos.
- Select the photos by clicking on "Pictures" in the left column
- The photos go into the editing section of Movie Maker on the right and appear in the video presentation section on the left.
- You can add a title, caption or credits. These can be placed between video or photo clips.
- Double clicking on a photo will bring up the duration the photo will play. This defaults to 7 seconds.
- The final basic step will be to save the movie. Clicking this button will give several options for saving your movie or slide in the right size and format for what you want.
- More information can be found from Microsoft at http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker
Thursday, October 27, 2011
The first thing to keep in mind is that these are separate licenses, intended to be activated one at a time, not all at once.
- Locate an unused package. Make sure the previous years´ packages are set aside and a new package is used.
- Go to www.eset.com/microcenter.
- Fill in the information on the renewal form marked with red asterisks. This is basic information such as your name, email address, and street address. This form is required to register your purchase.
- Note that the Passphrase is a new password to be created for your ESET Customer Account. The passphrase must be at least six characters long and include at least one number as well as at least one letter.
- The serial number is going to be provided on the back of the package, either in the form of a serial number or activation key. It typically begins with the letters "MC" or the letter "U".
- The Partner´s Email, Sub-Partner´s Email and Partner Code are used for special purchases and business partners. Leave them blank.
- Click the Submit button and wait a moment.
- Once the page loads, scroll up to see the new Username and Password. Print this page or carefully write down the username and password exactly as they appear. They will be needed later.
- Close any programs, including the browser window that was used for the renewal process. Keep your printed copy of the username and password available.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select All Programs, located just above the start button.
- Locate and open the ESET Folder
- Open the ESET NOD32 Antivirus or Smart Security folder.
- Click on Uninstall to begin the removal of the old software.
- On the new ESET NOD32 Setup Wizard, click Next.
- Choose the Remove option if prompted.
- If prompted with a questionnaire, select the "I Am Uninstalling ESET NOD32 Antivirus Only Temporarily and Plan to Install It Again option."
- Click Remove on the next screen to begin removing the program.
- If the ESET NOD32 Setup displays a screen titled "Files in Use", select the " "Do Not Close Applications. (A Reboot Will Be Required)" option and proceed.
- Wait a few moments as the program is uninstalled.
- When prompted, reboot the computer.
- Go to www.eset.com/download
- On the ESET Download Page, click on I have already purchased ESET security software. Take me to my download.
- Click on the Download link next to ESET Smart Security 5 or ESET NOD32 5 depending on which program you have.
- When prompted to run or save, choose Run. If not prompted, run the file once it has been downloaded.
- If prompted to give permission from Windows, choose Yes/Allow to continue.
- On the first page, select your language and click the Install button in the bottom left.
- Wait a few minutes as the ESET Smart Security or NOD32 program is downloaded.
- Read the license terms and click I Accept at the bottom.
- On the next page, read the description of the two items and choose whether or not to check them, then click
Next. It is recommended to check both items.
- Note: For advanced users you can also change the installation folder on this page under the Destination Folder option.
- Wait a few minutes as the program is installed.
- Once it is completed, click Finish to complete the installation.
- Once the program loads, choose Activate Using a Username and Password and click
- Enter the username and password obtained earlier and click Next.
- The ESET program will immediately attempt an update. If the username and password were entered correctly and the computer is connected to the internet, it will take just a few moments to update.
- Once completed, check the Home section and ensure it says
Maximum Protection. If there are any error messages, do a search for them at
www.eset.com/support for information on how to resolve the errors.
- The renewal is now completed.
Description: This article will provide steps in troubleshooting an out of range error when booting into windows.
Problem: Your display stops working and only shows a message of "Out of range." This happens when the computer is first turned on, coming out of hibernate, out of sleep mode, or attaching a new monitor to the computer.
Resolution: This problem is a result of the video resolution for the video card not being set correctly or has been altered unexpectedly by an update or a program shutting down incorrectly.
To overcome this problem, removing the video card driver in device manager and allowing the computer to reinstall the correct video driver will be used in this example.
- Turn on the computer
- Start-tapping F8 continuously until there is a windows menu
- Using the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard, highlight Safe mode and press Enter
- The computer will start to load, log into windows under your name or under Owner
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on Start, type
on the search line
- Click on the + for display adaptors, then right-click on the video card listed below it (name may be different). Click on
- Leave the check box for "Delete the driver" empty and click on
The display driver will disappear from device manager. Close all the windows and restart the computer. The computer will boot up to normal windows and the display will be fuzzy or blurry. Windows will automatically reload the video driver and the computer should restart on its own. Once the computer is back up into windows, you will be able to set the resolution correctly for your monitor if it has not done so automatically.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
- All Versions of Windows
- Right Click on the target window´s icon on the Taskbar
- Click on "Move"
- Your Cursor will change to an icon with Four Arrows signifying that you may not Move the Window
- Use the Arrow Keys on your Keyboard to move the window back to your desktop
- Click anywhere to Release the window from your cursor
- Windows 7 (and Newer)
- Click on the target window´s icon on the Taskbar. The target Window must be the Open and Active Window
- While Holding Down the Windows Key on your Keyboard, Press the Right or Left
Arrow on your Keyboard to move the window back to
- On the keyboard the key used to enable or disable the wireless radio is the F12 key.
- Press the F12 key which has the symbol . If the radio is switched on the wireless indicator will be white.
- If the wireless radio is turned off the Wireless Indicator light will be amber.
- If the radio is turned on or off, the Wireless Assistant icon in the system tray will display the status.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
- Click start and in the search box type "system restore" and press enter.
- This will open System Restore. Click "Next".
- This step gives the dates to select from to restore the computer. If a date isn’t shown that you would like to restore to there is an option to "Show more restore points." The other thing that can be done here is “Scan for affected programs.”
This will show the programs that will be uninstalled by doing a system restore. Once the date has been selected click
- Click "Finish" once the restore date has been confirmed from the previous page.
- Click "Yes" confirming you would like to continue with the System Restore, keeping in mind this can’t be undone and the computer will need to restart during this process.