The PowerSpec Models that use these motherboards are:
What it does
- When it is active (it will glow RED), the computer starts and goes directly into BIOS.
- There is no need to press F2 to enter BIOS when the button is active.
- It can also be used if the customer is having problems pressing the F2 key to enter BIOS.
- It is used to force the board to power on into the BIOS Maintenance Menu using default values.
- The system will retain all previously saved BIOS changes.
What it cannot do
- It cannot be used to override passwords set in the BIOS.
- It cannot be used to invoke BIOS recovery mode.
Using the Back to BIOS button does not set the board to the factory BIOS defaults.
To restore settings to the factory defaults, use the F9 key once BIOS setup mode is active.
When Back-to-BIOS is active, there is a message at the top of the screen -
Settings can be changed if a BIOS setting is preventing the system from starting normally.
NOTE: Be sure to set the Back-to-BIOS button back to the normal setting when saving and exiting BIOS (the F10 key).
If the system enters BIOS every time it starts, try checking the rear of the system to see if the Back-to-BIOS button is RED. If it is, press the button (it should stop glowing) and restart the system.
The system should now start normally.